Something to Talk about Saturday:
I will just ask a random question. If you care to answer, leave a comment.
57th topic: What is a nice way to volunteer as a family?
I am always brainstorming about ways to get my family involved in volunteering. There are many people all over the world that need a helping hand. Volunteering as a family exemplifies the shared belief of making a positive mark in the world.
What can you do?
- Donate to homeless shelters– For years, I have been donating to the family shelters. They printed out a list of items needed. I try to help out as much as possible.
- Volunteer at the municipal court building/police station-You can help by working at the information desk.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen– Help cook a meal for the less fortunate.
- Volunteer at a food bank or food pantry– Contact your local social services to find out the locations in your area.
- Help a friend or family member with their business– Volunteer an hour or more at a family business.
- Clean the neighborhood- Help pick up cans and other trash.
- Assist with clothing/toy drives- Help sign in donors.
- Help with a charity walk- Hand out informational flyers.
If you can think of other ways, please submit them below.
Erica @ MzCouponn 2 Savvy